In an abundance of caution we have decided to close our lobby to the public on 11/19/2020 until further notice. Customers can make appointments as needed to conduct in-person business.
Black Friday & Cyber Monday Cybersecurity Tips
The bad guys are at it again with holiday phishing scams, and this time from the comfort of your user's home. Because we are in the middle of a pandemic, retailers have already started online Black Friday deals that attract scammers.
Cyber Monday will also be bigger than ever before. That means you and your users need to be extra cautious when shopping online over the Black Friday and Cyber Monday weekend.
According to TechCrunch, estimates of e-commerce growth rates by 18% will continue to increase during the holiday season. The growth in e-commerce will result in an increase of online scams. Since the beginning of November, Checkpoint research showed the first half of November already showed an 80% increase in phishing campaigns relating to sales & shopping special offers.
It's Holiday Season for the bad guys too! But not the way you might think. They go into scam-overdrive mode. Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the busiest online shopping days and the bad guys are planning to get rich with your money. So, here are this year's Top 10 Holiday Cybersecurity Alert Tips:
- Keep all devices up to date with basic security measures to lessen your chance of becoming the victim.
- Only connect to known Wi-Fi networks; beware of network names that have typos or extra characters.
- Use strong, unique passwords on all accounts. This is a good time to update passwords!
- Be safe on all social media; don't overshare and take the time to review your privacy settings on the platforms you use.
- Keep an eye on your bank accounts and monitor your credit report regularly.
- Be careful with messages regarding shipping changes. Always use official channels to stay updated.
- Watch out for holiday greeting cards that may not be the sender you think! Don't open these unless you're certain you can trust who they came from.
- Keep devices in view (or know where they are) throughout the course of all holiday travel.
- Pay close attention to the websites you visit and shop on. It's safest to only use those you trust.
- Be wary of ads, giveaways, and contests that seem too good to be true. These run rampant during the holiday season!
For Your Information
Our credit card program has a new website for you to pay your bills, access statements and redeem your reward points.
The new website is http://www.bankcardcenter.net.
You will need to set up a new profile, but that only takes a few minutes.
If you have any questions about this new website, please contact me.
- Troy Cripps,
The First Bank and Trust Company of Murphysboro
Customer Education and Awareness
In a more concerted effort to keep you informed of what is going on in the world of Cybersecurity and to give you more resources to protect yourself and your family, we are transforming our "President's Letter" page to a "Customer Education" page.
Here, you will be able to find articles and links to keep yourself informed in our evergrowing technological world. Don't worry though, when our President has something to tell you, you'll still be able to find it here.
FB&T Helping The Community
THE FIRST BANK AND TRUST COMPANY OF MURPHYSBORO is committed to supporting our customers and community, now more than ever. Through our partnership with @FHLBC (Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago) we are provided $15,000.00 in grants to two local businesses on September 4, 2020.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago’s Targeted Impact Fund provides members with grants to support relief efforts for populations hardest-hit by COVID-19 as well as to promote equity and opportunity for communities of color.
In April of this year, THE FIRST BANK AND TRUST COMPANY OF MURPHYSBORO was able to provide $20,000.00 in grant money to two local businesses through the FHLBC’s Covid-19 Relief Program.
THE FIRST BANK AND TRUST COMPANY OF MURPHYSBORO has provided over $1,000,000.00 in PPP loans to our local businesses in an effort to keep small business alive in Murphysboro!
A Message From Our President
July 21, 2020
WE ARE HERE TO HELP
THE FIRST BANK AND TRUST COMPANY OF MURPHYSBORO is working with federal and state banking agencies, as well as other financial institutions to consider all reasonable and prudent steps to assist customers affected by the Coronavirus (COVID-19). In addition, the bank is monitoring information issued by international and U.S. health organizations. Regulatory agencies have encouraged financial institutions to work with customers impacted by the Coronavirus. Customers experiencing difficulties beyond their control should work directly with their financial institutions. Should you wish to discuss, please call us at 618.687.1711 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
BEWARE OF SCAMS
If you receive calls, emails, or other communications claiming to be from the FDIC or another federal agency, and offering COVID-19 related grants or payments in exchange for personal financial information, or a charge of any kind, please do not respond. These are scams. Additional guidance on how to report COVID-19 scams is available from the U.S. Department of Treasury website. You can also read the FDIC's Special Edition of FDIC Consumer News for COVID-19.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
· We encourage customers to use our mobile and online banking services, as well our ATMs and night depositories.
· We have instituted and enhanced preventative cleaning measures at branch and office locations to protect health of both customers and employees.
· We are providing personalized assistance to customers who have been financially impacted by coronavirus.
· We are Informing customers about COVID-19-related scams and encouraging them to vigilantly protect their personal information.
· We are participating in the Small Business Administration’s Payroll Protection Program and have obtained over $1,000,000 in such loans for our business customers.
· We are tailoring our already personized service even more for our customers who have been severely impacted.
· Some of our employees have preexisting breathing issues so, we encourage our customers and employees to maintain proper social distancing whenever possible and to wear masks when not possible.
President & CEO
We have an app for that
Our app is now available!
If you are using Apple:
For Android users, use this link:
Golden Apple Award
Murphysboro Main Street awarded us with the Golden Apple Award for the month of October!
Local Banker Appointed to Illinois Bankers Scholarship Committee
Michael Cripps, President & CEO of The First Bank And Trust Company Of Murphysboro, recently was appointed to the Illinois Bankers Association 2019-2020 Illinois Bankers Scholarship Committee.
About the Committee / Board
"The Illinois Bankers Scholarship Committee is charged with designing the framework for the Scholarship Program, including a timeline, eligibility requirements, selection criteria, distribution plan, and fundraising plan, among other details."
About the Illinois Bankers Association
The Illinois Bankers Association is a full-service trade association dedicated to creating a positive business climate that benefits the entire banking industry and the communities they serve. Founded in 1891, the Illinois Bankers brings together state, national and savings banks of all sizes in Illinois.